Ten Reasons Why I Love San Miguel
by Caren Cross
(San Miguel de Allende)
The cover image of my film, "Lost and Found in Mexico"
1. I haven't checked a weather forecast for ten years!
2. Nothing runs as I think it should. A constant reminder that I have no control.
3. Now, finally, I have a green thumb!
4. No day is "average."
5. I feel like a child here—awake, alive, more present
6. Adam's coffee at the Café (on Correo)
7. Walking. Walking everywhere.
8. Valeria's La Brasserie (on Jesus) and Juan’s Café Etc (on Reloj)
9. Greeting and being greeted on the streets--it happens all the time in San Miguel de Allende.
10. Wonderful friends
Donna's Note: Caren Cross is the writer/producer of "Lost & found in Mexico," a wonderful film about San Miguel in which she explores the reasons expatriates come to San Miguel and what they find there. Often it is themselves. You can buy a copy at Caren's website.