Some Things I Love in San Miguel
by Nola Adams
1. Reading Atención's "Que Pasa" on Saturday morning in the Jardín and planning my week.
2. Cajeta syrup (made from carmelized brown sugar and goat's milk) drizzled over any flavour of Hollanda ice cream.
3. Buying great women's clothing at Girasol Boutique/Willa Mina, San Francisco #11 & La Coleción Judith Roberts, Zacateros #28.
4. Visiting El Tianguis--the Tuesday Market.
5. Shopping at Guajuye (the glass factory outlet store) at Correo #11 for margarita glasses and more.
6. The house trolley tour run by Select Real Estate. The $50 pesos donation goes to a girls' charity. The tour is really interesting.
7. La Gruta--spending the morning soaking in the hot springs and enjoying the pools.
8. Margaritas on our rooftop patio.
9. Collecting papel picado--the punched tissue paper or plastic banners.
10. Salsa en polvo sprinkeld over jicama, cucumber and avocado.
11. Sitting in the Jardín, watching & listening to Barnabé González Silva, the newspaper vendor.